Saturday, May 8, 2010

Wiggins Cleans Up

Entries are now closed for the Fantasy Giro D'Italia, (or the FGDI as I might call it from now on) and it seems we have what is called in the world of cycling, "a select group" of competitors. In much the same way as Bradley Wiggins is using the GDI to fine-tune his time trialing and climbing for the TDF, I look upon the FGDI as a way to fine-tune my puns and sarcasm for the big Fantasy race of the year in July. So I won't let the reduced field bother me too much.

It seems George "Velogames" Chapman has gone to Amsterdam to watch the race and won't update the site till Sunday evening. I expect that he's too busy with drugs and hookers to bother with all those complicated sums. So until the official update tomorrow, I'll just have to speculate that I'm doing great and everyone else is rubbish.

Just as I suspected, Bradley Wiggins won the time trial today, which is just fine by me as he's in my team. We also saw strong rides from Cadel Evans and Alexandre Vinokourov, which is also fine by me as they're in my team. "Who else is in your team Nick?" I hear you ask. Well let's have a look shall we?


So 4 riders in the top 10 for me. I'd like to think that Andre Griepel or Pipo Pozzato can win tomorrow, but I know that it can only go downhill from here.

2 comments:

  1. hmmm, i also have wiggins, vino and evans. Could all come down to the domestiques!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it about time you signed up to the minileague Drew? That would make 4 of us.

    ReplyDelete