Sunday, May 16, 2010

Some Drew win, some Drew lose

Drew was looking forward to the mountains, as he thought his climbing pick Chris Sørensen might shine. He wasn't wrong, as the Saxo bank rider survived from an early break to take the first mountaintop finish of this year's Giro. It was a bit foggy at the top, but he managed to find the line without too much trouble.


Bad luck for Drew though, as his sprinting pick Petacchi quit the race with bronchitis after a disappointing race.

More shake-ups in the GC then, as David Millar lost a load of time and slid down to 33rd, while Liquigas pair Nibali and Basso climbed back up to 3rd & 4th. Bile Beans climber Thomas Rohregger slid right out of the top 10 and now lies at 22nd, just above Wiggy, while Pinotti still seems to be hanging in there.

Those Velogames scores are still lagging behind a bit, but I'm not too bothered, as I happened to be winning the last time I looked.

And here's a summary of the scores so far using a popular spreadsheet. As you can see the Bile Beans did pretty well out of stage 7.


It'll be Stage 9 tomorrow then and we're done with the hills for a while, with a stage that should suit the sprinters. If you were to take a big slice out of the Earth's crust, it might look something like this.

2 comments:

  1. Seems I can't beat the damn bile beans in this year's Giro... still I think I can beat Drew.... (my team was hastily put together on my mobile whilst in Berlin, I know excuses excuses)

    ReplyDelete
  2. bloody italians. i knew i should have picked a sprinter from a proper sprinting country. someone scandinavian or german or something.

    ReplyDelete