Monday, May 17, 2010

Stage 9 - Goss is Boss

Yet more rain in Italy today, as the riders had to contend with puddles that nearly came up to their muddles, (or at least their bottom brackets).


They were almost as deep as that one that appears on Stockton Lane, which I've tried to capture the magnitude of, using a combination of a popular online mapping application and my awesome art skillz.


So it was a day for the sprinters, after they reeled in the early four-man break. HTC-Columbia's, (and Bile Beans, Evil Chan and Harrisons Pharma) sprinter Andre Griepel continues to be a bit shit, and so left it to his team-mate, Matthew Goss to take the win from Pozzato. (I'm not sure whether Matt is the one on the right or left, I'm sure my mate Derek could help me out here).


If you're wondering where Griepel's team-mate, (but not best-mate), Mark "The Manx Missile" Cavendish, is while the Giro is going on, he's been sent to the Tour of California. He won stage one yesterday and he even managed to do it without making any obscene gestures over the line. He's had a poor early season, but it looks like he's finding his sprinting legs in time for a tilt at the Green Jersey at the TDF this year.


More sprinting tomorrow then? Could be. Looks like a nice downhill run to me, with not too much to trouble the fat boys.


No comments:

Post a Comment