Saturday, May 29, 2010

Stage 20 - Tschopp comes out on top

I was all ready for an epic stage of the Giro today, so expectantly turned on the TV to see how the race was going. Instead I was treated to some fuzzy shots of the top of a hill and some footage of yesterday's stage. Seems the low cloud was causing problems with the live TV feed.


If the TV let me down, then at least the internets came good with some information. After I had to leave for work in a cloud of frustration, without knowing what was going on, I eventually found out, that this guy, Johann Tschopp won.


And although Cadel Evans had a bit of a go, it seems no one is going to be able to stop Basso from taking the overall in this years Giro. No wonder he's looking so happy.



It's the final stage tomorrow then, and it's a short 15km time trial to end the whole Giro thing. With the time gaps between the leaders all fairly big, I don't think we'll see any big changes in the GC. I'll be hoping that Bradley Wiggins can take the stage and so will everyone in the minileague, as he's a popular pick. He's been taking it easy this last week, while the other big names have been battering themselves day after day. It's just the sort of distance he's good at, so the race could be a big Wiggins sandwich, there is a bit of a hill though, so it might not all go his way.

No comments:

Post a Comment