Saturday, July 4, 2015

FTDF 2015 Stage 1 - Rohan Can

Hey Pance pickers! Happy 4th of July! I'm celebrating with a traditional American meal.  


Anyway, to the Tour. I'm old enough to remember whe Thierry Marie used to win Tour prologues, but in more recent years, Fabian Cancellara has been the man to beat. He's not as young as he used to be though and Spartacus got beat. Young Australian engine Rohan Dennis delivered the ass-whooping (and Tony Martin too). If you consider his brief stint as hour record holder, Rohan is having a pretty good year.


In the scores, the race may have started, but the Bile Beans points scoring has yet to begin. I'm not worried though, I eschew the early glory in pursuit of my long-term goals. In the meantime, hats off to Dave and his Hopalongs for taking the lead after stage 1. And congratulations to Dave, Danny, Drew and Rchard-3-teams-Harrison for finishing a rainy Etape Du Yorkshire today. I would have ridden, but I was too busy doing your Mom.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I'm not sure how long my lead will last, but clearly the choice Drew and I made to pick Cancellara and Martin paid off today. Let's see what the next stage brings.

    ReplyDelete