Sunday, July 1, 2012

TDF Prologue - Fabianannanannana

And they're off! And as tradition has it, Fabian Cancellara won the prologue. I like Spartacus as much as the next man - in a heterosexual way of course. But I thought he might still be a bit short of form after that broken collarbone he got at the Tour of Flanders.



Well, not for the first time, it seems I was wrong, and he flew around the streets of Liege, much faster than everyone else.


Another time trial star and spring-time casualty is Tony Martin, who also had a bit of a face/tarmac incident earlier on this year. He was the fastest man through the first time-check, but his hopes were dashed by a flat tire (I think he rides Specialized tires, in case you were wondering what brand to avoid). Oh well, he wasn't in my team, so what do I care? The fastest man who was in my team, was that Bradley Wiggins, who took it easy for the first bit, and then flew around the second bit.



It's only the prologue though folks, and chances are it will make chuff all difference in three weeks time, but lets see how the minileague looks (which you can now enjoy as a Google document, as you've got to have pretty good eyes to make sense of this).



It should be a good stage tomorrow, there's like some kind of hill or something at the end. Not one for Cav then. Even if he is a bit slimmer these days, he's not going to make it up the last climb. If this was 2011, it would be a stage that has Philippe Gilbert written all over it. Pip's form has been lacking so far this year, he did a good ride today, but I'm hoping that Peter Sagan can start to repay all those points I spent on him by getting the win.



No comments:

Post a Comment