Monday, July 24, 2017

TDF 2017 Final - Dylan Freewheelin' on Champs-Élysées

The 2017 Tour is done and dusted then. I would have done the final roundup last night, but Game of Thrones was on, so.......... Let's start off by congratulating the Stage 21 winner Dylan Groenewegen, who looked like he surprised himself by winning on the Champs-Élysées.



And, if you didn't know, our final jersey winners looked like this.



The final stage scores went the way of the Smugblokes.

Now, let's have a look at those end-of-Tour points. I thought that Barmbyworld wouldn't do so great, but not for the first time, I was wrong.

They were at the top of the table before they got all those final points, so no surprise to see Barmbyworld take the win. With a deficit of over 1000 points, Very Poor de France took a distant second, with Richard Harrison's Fulford Pharmacy rounding out the podium. There's a couple more Harrisons at the other end of the table, with Team Harrison Super Domestiques taking the Lantern Rouge.

Edit, this just in. After a quick perusal of how poorly most of us did, I just noticed Richard Harrison's mate Grant finished second overall in the whole thing. I think we can all count ourselves lucky that he didn't sign up for the Tour De Pance.


There's probably some more Fantasy bike races coming up. Maybe I will be bothered to blog about them, maybe not. Why not head over here to find out.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for entertaining us once again Nick, been fun. Did Ged's tdf the other week where Mr. Kerins trashed us roundly yet again. Cracking day out though, good memories, sorry you weren't with us. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the blog, Nick. I knew the last stage wasn't one for me, though I hoped Dylan would do well.
    Like a breakaway rider in the last 200km, who looks over his shoulder to disbelievingly see he's going to make it, I did do the math and knew my end of Tour points would clinch the mini-league. If any other DSs would like to pull alongside the Barmbyworld team car, I'll be serving the Champers! See you all at the Vuelta, I hope.

    ReplyDelete