Thursday, May 3, 2012

Giro A Go-Go

As some of you may have noticed, the Velogames Fantasy Giro is now open for business. I see there’s already some teams entered in the mini-league, and hopefully there’ll be a few more come the start of the Giro on Saturday.


I also see that you can look at the line-ups for other teams before the race starts. There’s some interesting choices out there for sure. I've already changed my team to a dummy team to stop anyone trying to steal my riders - I hope I remember to change it back again before the start, or if I don’t, I can at least hope for some early prologue glory. Although I like to keep the Bile Beans line-up close to my chest, I can tell you that I probably won’t be going for last year’s “winner” and Mark E Smith-alike Michele Scarponi.


He was recently awarded the trophy for last year’s race, after Alberto Contador finally got banned.


But let’s not forget that Scarponi has had a few problems of his own when it comes to getting banned, as he was one of the riders caught in operation Puerto. He’s not got much in the way of results this year, and he’s a bit pricey, so watch as he scores loads of points this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment