Tuesday, May 15, 2012

FGDI Stage 10: J-Rod Takes the Pink

I though Joaquim Rodriguez was looking strong on Sunday. And as the finish headed uphill today he didn’t hang about, but instead got stuck in and took the stage.


And thanks to the time bonuses, he also took over the race lead from Hesjedal.


We also said goodbye to Pippo Pozzato, who had a badly hand after that crash he caused yesterday. I'm through with apologising for the guy. Those 6 points I spent on him could have been invested so much better. And I never trust anyone who wears a hat with their own name on it.


It was also good to see my longshot pick, Tom Slagter, up there with the big boys at the finish, although I would have been a bit happier if he’d done a bit better than 7th. Finally some better news for the Bile Beans then, although it seems like everyone has J-Rod on their team, Roulers included.

A quick look at tomorrow then. A sprint? A breakaway? Only time will tell.




1 comment: