Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Fantasy Tour de Suisse open for business

If you've been over to Velogames recently, you will have seen that entries are now open for the Fantasy Tour de Suisse. Now that the Giro has been and gone, the Tour du Suisse, and the Critérium du Dauphiné, are the races that the Tour contenders are using to fine-tune their form before the big showdown in July.

The Critérium du Dauphiné is happening over in rainy France as I type. Today it's a time trial over the very same course that will be used in the Tour de France this year. So far in the race Vino, Wiggo and Evo all seem to be going quite well, while Basso is not. Ivan has already been crossed off my list of potential riders for the TDF Bile Beans squad. He's been off the pace all year, and had a nasty crash training a few weeks ago which set him back even further.


So by picking a team and following the TDS, you can not only see who's looking good or bad heading into July, but of course you can also get the chance to crush opposing teams with your canny rider choices. The race starts at the weekend and you've got until 14:00 CET on Saturday 11th June to pick those teams. I hear the TDS is very popular with the riders, as those stinking rich Swiss have the nicest roads and hotels - not to mention chocolate and knives, which have now been cunningly combined.




I've decided that I've been over-analyzing my team selections recently, so the TDS Bile Beans were picked in record fast time and I still had some money left over. I still think I've got some quality riders though, and I've avoided picking any Radioshat riders, which is always nice.


 


I've just set up the Tour De Pance mini league for the TDS, so here's the code: 08142537


In other cycling news, as the Armstrong war of words continues, the facts4lance website is no more. I can't say I ever looked at it, but I'm sure it was packed with facts. Personally, I think this guy has pretty much summed up how much most people care about this anymore.


   

1 comment: