Wednesday, June 15, 2011

TDS Stage 4 - Thor to the Fore

Firstly, let me apologise for not doing the update last night, but Tuesday nights are Dirty Mustache nights so I didn't have time. I'd love to tell you more about the Dirty Mustache, but its a bit like Fight Club, so I'm not at liberty to discuss it. Rest assured, it has nothing to do with this.

Onto the Tour de Suisse then. And, much as I feared, that lumpy run in to the finish was a bit much for a sprinter like Mark Cavendish, who I spotted drifting off the back with 7.5km to go. World Champion Thor Hushovd is a sprinter who can handle a few lumps though, and just when Peter Sagan looked to be on for another stage, Thor came past him and took the win.

In the mini league I'm pleased to see the Bile Beans holding on at the top. But I feel I must take some of the Tour De Pance regulars to task for their poor showing. Most of you seem to be down at the bottom of the table, while the new boys are trampling all over you - I trust you'll be better at the Tour de France.


Stage 5 looks like more traditional sprinter's fare. After Cav's easy day yesterday, I'm sure he'll do the Bile Beans proud and deliver a stage win.


1 comment: