Saturday, June 11, 2011

Chocs Away for Tour de Suisse

If there's two things we know for sure about Fabian Cancellara, one is that he's Swiss, and two he's good at time trials. No surprise to see him winning the opening time trial of the Tour de Suisse then.


In fact it's even less of a surprise, as today's win is his fifth in the Tour de Suiss prologue. And the course today was almost identical to the one he won on last year.



The scores for the race so far are still pending, so it's anyone's guess as to who is on top at the moment. I'm feeling pretty good so far though. Lets have a look at the Bile Beans.


And lets have a look at the top ten today.


The alert amongst you may have noticed there's a Radioshat rider in my line-up now. I just couldn't let my team be, and did some re-selecting since my last post. Not only did I go for a Radioshat rider, I went for none other than Andreas Kloden. A man who I'm sure has many a skeleton in his closet, but he's still allowed to race, so what can you do? Pick him that's what. After the Bile Beans poor showing at the Giro, I think it's about time they did a bit better. And judging from the fortune cookie that rounded off my Chinese meal tonight, I think my luck is about to change.

Update: The scores are now in, and the Bile Beans are out in front. I do like to pick a strong prologue team for a bit of early glory though, so I expect the Beans will start to fade badly when the road goes uphill.


A prologue does not a race make, and there's plenty to come. After all, things were looking good for me early on in the Giro. Looks like there's some hills on the menu for tomorrow. I guess we'll see who's got their climbing legs on.


2 comments:

  1. Wow, I don't think i've ever had zero points after a prologue before. It appears I may have chosen poorly...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, I never ever think of such kind of tour. Indeed, I got lots of inspiration from you post. Keep it up!
    cities in italy to visit

    ReplyDelete