Friday, June 17, 2011

TDS Stage 7 - De Gendt is De Man

First of all, there's some slightly better news about Mauricio Soler, who is making "favourable progress".

Today we saw the breakaway survive to the finish. When a 17-man group went away on the first climb of the day, the bunch seemed content to let them go, as there were no GC contenders among them.  Andy Schleck was among them. Perhaps trying to show his face on the front of the race after his poor showing yesterday, which has had people asking questions about his form just 3 weeks before the Tour. Andy didn't have what it took to get the stage win though, and wasn't able to reel in Thomas De Gendt, who sneaked away on the run-in to the final climb.

Behind the break, Cunego was able to counter the attacks from Rabobank and yet more poor tactical riding from Leopard Trek to hold onto the leader's jersey.

Scores for Stage 7 don't seem to be in yet. I'm not expecting much from the Bile Beans though, as not one of my boys made it into the break. Fortunately none of the Asparagus Tips seemed to make it into the break either, so I'm hoping I'm still hanging on to the top spot. Update, scores now in.


It's the last chance for the sprinters tomorrow. I've given up tipping Cav. So I'm hoping my boy Peter Sagan will be up there again to earn me a few more points, before the time trial on Sunday.


No comments:

Post a Comment