Monday, May 15, 2017

Giro 2017 Stage 9 - Quintana on Blockhaus, Beans in Shithouse

If you didn't notice, I was looking forward to Stage 9 up T'Blockhaus. I was expecting action aplenty, and I guess I got what I wanted. First over the line at the top was pocket-sized Colombian climber Nairo Quintana.



Before they even hit the climb though, there was trouble with one of them motorbikes getting in the way and bringing down some folks.



With Thomas and Yates falling in that crash, the Bile Beans were doomed to get not a lot of points. Meanwhile, the Smugblokes did quite nicely.

I suspect my time at the top of the overall is all over. For now Those Chanbots are back up there.

Stage 10 is an individual time trial. If Rohan Dennis was still around I might have been in for some points, but he's not, so I'm not.


1 comment: