Saturday, August 25, 2012

Fantasy Vuelta Stage 8: Valverdiddled

Hello.  It occurred to me, that with all the excitement of that third Degenkolb stage win, I may have overlooked a little story about Lance Armstrong.  So in case you hadn't heard, he's like totally banned, and all his wins since '98 are gone too.  Its all gone a bit a bit he said she said. I'm thinking that if your the kind if sad, geeky individual that goes to the trouble of picking a fantasy cycling team, that you've probably got your own opinions about the Lance-ster, so he's either hero.


Or villain.


I have to say, that I suspect that he took a ton of drugs. But then, every bugger was doing it. So, I'm basically of the opinion that he should probably be exposed as a liar, and maybe a bit of a douchebag, but you might as well let his wins stand. If we try to go back and find the first clean rider in those Tours, you'd be looking a long way down the list. In fact I think I may have made the podium.


 "Enough of the Lance crap" I hear you say, "what happened in Spain today?". Truth behold, I was mowing the 'lawn', so I missed the whole thing, but I read about it here. So it looks like Valverde, J-Rod, Contador and Froomey were slugging it out on the final climb. I guess my hat is safe. Valverde won, J-Rod 2nd, and the Froome-Dog lost a little time.


What are the scores? Buggered if I know, but my riders that are different from Rouluers riders didn't seem to finish in the points, so I'll wager that Roulers Are still in the lead.

More bicycle riding tomorrow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment