Monday, July 25, 2011

FTDF Stage 21 & Final - Cav Wins Stage, Cadel Wins Tour, Dropped (again) Win Mini-League

There were few surprises on the Champs-Elysees yesterday. Cav won the stage.

And these guys won the various jerseys.

And Garmin-Cervelo won the team prize. Dave Zabriskie had already gone home injured, but he joined his team-mates on the podium in cardboard form.

Now the final scores are in, and its all gone wrong for the Bile Beans. After staying on top of the mini-league for the entire race, it all went pear-shaped when the end-of-Tour points came in. I still finished in second, (and 124th in the main game), which isn't bad I suppose. And like the good sport I am, I will congratulate Team Dropped (again) on a team well picked.

I was going to give a big cash prize to the winner. But now I see it's not me, I'll be awarding a prize of fuck-all, wrapped up in nothing. Thanks all for playing and reading. And thanks to George at Velogames for all his hard work. I'll be managing and blogging anytime there's a fantasy game to be entered. So I'll most likely see you again for the Vuelta a Espana.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I'd thought that my giro performance was a nadir but it's hard to think how i could have chosen a shittier team that still cost 100 points. Roll on the vuelta...

    ReplyDelete