Wednesday, July 20, 2011

FTDF Stage 17 - Boasson Hagen Daz it Again

As you may or may not realise, I can track the comings and goings of traffic to this blog of mine. And the stats are telling me that so far this year, the page for stage 9 is the most popular one by quite some distance. I'd like to think that it's because it was an especially well-written post, but I suspect the real reason is because it features this picture.

And looking back, I notice that another popular post, was this one from the Giro last year.

I think I'm seeing a trend here. So I'm hoping we some more rider's arses revealed before the end of the race, so I can get loads of traffic and start selling advertising to Wiggle or someone.

Although I was pleased to see Thor Hushovd win yesterday, I did feel a bit sorry for Edvald Boasson Hagen. He was strong, but not strong enough to beat two men from the same team. Today, Eddy BH made sure he was on his own when he got to the line.

Behind the Norwegian, there was plenty of action on the final climb and descent into Pinarolo. Contador was on the attack again with his partner in crime Sammy Sanchez. The pair flew down the descent and managed to get a bit of a gap on the rest.

They were mostly back together again by the line though. Apart from Thomas Voeclker that is, who took a bit of a detour into a car park on the way down the hill when he misjudged a corner. In the end he lost another 27 seconds of his slender lead.

The scores are in, and in the big leagues, I'm still in third but the number one team "NoNuts" are looking strong going into the mountains.

Stage 18 is probably going to be the toughest of the race. All the big contenders will have to show what they've got on the way to the fearsome Galibier. Will Tommy V keep that Yellow Jersey? Probably not.

You may find it hard to believe, but I do have some interests outside of cycling. One of them is a spot of music, and occasionally the two worlds meet, as is the case with this Joeyfat tune.


Find more Silver Rocket songs at Myspace Music

I mention this, as tonight on BBC6 Music, Gideon Coe is having a special theme night to celebrate cycling and the Tour de France. If you're in the UK he'll be on from 9-12pm, and as usual I'll be listening in at work from 4-7pm through the internet. I sent Mr. Coe an email tipping him off as the the excellence of the Joeyfat track, which he seemed unaware of, so I'll have to see if he plays it tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment