Friday, July 15, 2011

FTDF Stage 13 - Thor Saves Beans Bacon

As I may have mentioned before, I've been doing quite well with the Velogaming recently.

As the race rolls on however, I become even more sure that my time at the top will not last. My boys may be good on the flat and slightly lumpy stuff, but they don't seem to be getting the points in when it comes to the high mountains. So you can imagine my delight when the only man I had in the early break, went on to take the stage win. Well done Thor Hushovd. For a big man, mostly known for his sprinting, he did a great ride today and showed that he's a worthy World Champion, as he took the win in Lourdes.

It wasn't such a good day for some of the other riders, as we saw yet more quitters. So, farewell Andreas Kloden, Lars Boom, Vladimir Isaichev and Gert Steegmans. Another sad day for Radioshat, as they now have to rely on Levi Leipheimer as their last remaining team-leader, after coming into the race with four GC hopes.

Today was all well and good, but we're really itching for more high-montain action and to see the big-boys slugging it out again. Bring on Stage 14!



No comments:

Post a Comment