Friday, May 25, 2018

Stage 19 - Froome on Fire: Yates Late

Hello. I’m out of town on a trip this weekend and formatting on my phone is a pain in the arse, so no pictures for you. Except this one.


Stage 19 sure was interesting. Simon Yates cracked more spectacularly than a Chinese Pinarello and it’s all over for him. Still I mustn’t complain too much, as he did earn me a lot of points while it lasted.

As Yates struggled, I could take heart from having Tom Dumoulin in my team, surely he would inherit the race lead? Well, no. That Chris Froome only went on a massive 80km trip up the road, won the stage and took the Pink Jersey. He sure can climb well for someone who came into the race carrying a lot of heavy baggage.

Some good news for Enrico 666, with a belter of a score.

And the Bile Beans hang on in front, but collapse is just around the corner.

Stage 20 tomorrow. Anything could happen and probably will.

No comments:

Post a Comment