Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Giro 2018 - Sicilian Stage Summation

With my team flying high in the rankings, I figure now is a good time for an update. Tomorrow the Giro heads up Mount Etna and the first big mountain stage should shake things up on GC and could see the Bile Beans collapse. So I best get my gloating in while I can. With some tougher finishes on Sicily, the days of Viviani domination are over for a while. Stage 4 went the way of Tim Wellens for the real race. 


And the way of Drew - followed closely by Warwick - for the Fantasy race.


Stage 5 was a win for Plucky Italian Enrico Battaglin. I remembered that he usually seems to do pretty well in the Giro. 


I think Danny remembered too, as we find ourselves tangling at the top of the table again.


With the Bile Beans and the Chanbots having so many riders in common, it's the little guys that make a difference, so thanks to Bennett and Bewly for getting more points than Aru and Capecchi.



As I mentioned earlier, it's a trip up Etna for the boys for Stage 6. Should be good.


No comments:

Post a Comment