Monday, May 7, 2018

Giro 2018 Rest Day Roundup

The Giro started in Israel this year then. I bet you thought I was boycotting blogging on the race for political reasons. But the truth is - I'm just lazy. And whatever your opinions on Israel, I think we can agree there were some compelling roadside views.


Off to a good start in the race is Tom Dumoulin, who took the opening time trial in his bid to repeat last years win. Rohan Dennis is also doing nicely and will be wearing Pink when the race starts again in Italy tomorrow. And the other big success of the race so far had been Elia Viviani, who won both road stages in Israel.


With 3 Stages gone, the Chanbots are doing nicely, (though with 5 of the same riders as the Bile Beans, I suspect that Danny may have been peeking over my shoulder when I picked my team).


It's back to Italy tomorrow and Stage 4 looks like it might be a bit tough for Viviani. Here's hoping some of the non-Chanbot-Bile Beans do well.


No comments:

Post a Comment