Saturday, August 27, 2011

Vuelta Stage 7 - Kittel Kicks Ass

I said yesterday that Tyler Farrar might do something today. Well it turns out I was right, although crashing at over 60kph is probably not what he had in mind when he set off this morning.

As Farrar lay in the road, Marcel Kittel took his first grand tour win, which I imagine is probably the first of many in the young German's career. Peter Sagan came in second, proving, as if there was any doubt, that he's another star of the future.

Good news for the Bile Beans and even better news for the Roulers, who also sneaked Petacchi into the top ten. I don't see any scores right now, but I reckon it's going to be tight at the top between the Bile Beans and Roulers.

Apparently today was a bit easier on the bunch, as the temperatures have dropped a bit from earlier in the week, when they were in the high 30's (that's Centigrade folks, I may live in the US, but I refuse to understand Fahrenheit). Unfortunately things here in Atlanta are still chuffing hot.

Although I'd love to cool down by riding my bike around Spain. Today I had to work in a small bicycle shop with no air conditioning. To make an uncomfortable day worse, I seemed to have forgotten my undercrakers when packing my messenger bag this morning. From now on, I'm going to make sure I have some of these on me.

Onto tomorrow then. Stage 8 has some of them hills going on. I'm tipping J-Rod for another stage, which should put some distance between the Bile Beans and the Roulers.




1 comment: