Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Stage 5 - J-Rod Rams It Home

Can I pick them or what? If we overlook the fact that I already knew the result, I think you'll agree that my selection of Joaquim Rodriguez for the win today was inspired.

J-Rod won the stage, but Sylvain Chavanel hangs on to the race lead.

And Igor Anton continues to spend his time hanging on to the back of the bunch, and looking like a man who is not going to earn me many points.

Things might not all be going the Bile Beans way, but they are going well enough when we take a look at those Velogames scores.

After our brief visit to the mountains, we're back on the plains tomorrow. More opportunities for the sprinters, but HTC are unlikely to do a lot of chasing, so it might be a day for a breakaway. Also it looks like there's a bit of a lump going on in the finish, but it's all downhill from there. My dream finish will have Sagan, Degenkolb, Kittel and Sutton in the top 5 - I'm not too fussed about the order.



No comments:

Post a Comment