Monday, August 22, 2011

Vuelta Stage 3 - Lastras Firstras

I guess my powers of prediction have grown weak. My tips, Peter Sagan and John Degenkolb, were nowhere to be seen today. Instead, we had a plucky breakaway of four, and they managed to stay ahead of the pack all the way to the finish. Pablo Lastras rode clear on the final climb, and held on, ahead of a ragged chase from the remaining three escapees.

It looks like no one has picked Lastras, so biggest score of the day went to "Big Andy Racing", thanks to Andy's selection of Sylvan Chavanel . I don't know much about "Big Andy Racing", but I think I'm a bit the wiser after using a popular search engine.

Big Andy may have done well today, but the Bile Beans are still on top.

Lastras holds the race lead, but things are about to get tricky on Stage 4. Yes, there's some big hills coming up, and those that fancy winning the race will have to be on form tomorrow, if they don't want to lose time up Sierra Nevada.


2 comments:

  1. Damn, was away in toikey and couldn't get a team in. Given my performance in the giro and the tour though I think you could just add my name to the very bottom of the list for a reasonable facsimile of where I would have ended up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rubber creeping back up the league!!

    ReplyDelete