Saturday, May 14, 2011

Stage 7 - Bart Burns Peleton

The Tour Of California will be kicking off tomorrow. I don't really care about this race at all, but it will be on a TV channel that I actually get, so I might find myself watching some of it. It won't be as good as the Giro though, I'm sure we'll agree.

Due to my inadequate TV package, I have to keep an eye on the Giro by means of internet streams, cyclingnews, and listening to the Eurosport audio feed with my i-telephone. As my luck would have it, the best bits of the race usually coincide with my ride to work, so thanks to what I believe is called an "App" I've now discovered how to hear Sean Kelly talk about "The Eyetalians"during my commute, while imagining what might be happening on TV.

So today we saw the first bit of a mountain in the Giro, and plucky little first-year pro Bart De Clercq just managed to hold off the big boys to get the win.


In other news there's a bit of a to do about the leaking of a list of suspicious riders from the 2010 Tour start, which is quite entertaining. I'm not sure how much we can read into it though, there's some riders I'd have on my personal suspicious list who have low scores, and some guys I though were clean enough with high scores. As long as it annoys the UCI I'm happy though.

How's about them scores then? Well I've been saving them for last on account of the fact I'm not doing too good - my boy Hoogerland was off the front for a while, but it was a totally futile move. Oh well, there's plenty of racing still to come -  I'm playing the long game.


Should be a sprint tomorrow. Surely one for Cav? He's got to get me some points soon, as I suspect he'll be quitting the race as soon as the going gets tough.


1 comment:

  1. There's a chap on that list called Burt Lancaster. Surely he must be retired by now...

    ReplyDelete