Friday, May 13, 2011

Stage 6 - Ventoso Vanquishes Pausing Petacchi

There are few things in the world more important to me than this blog, and I know that both my readers feel the same way. So imagine my dismay when I came to do yesterday's update and was greeted with this message.


It seems Blogger is up and running again now though, so off to business – yesterday's business that is. Stage 6 was won by none other than Francisco Ventoso, ahead of Petacchi, who seemed to be on for the win, till he decided to stop pedalling for some reason or other.


My boy Cav was nowhere to be seen, having been left behind on the hilly run-in to the finish. Even though he was only second, Petacchi got the points in for the Chanbots and Drunk Riders, pushing the Bile Beans back into third again. It could be worse, the Geezers are struggling to keep up, and after the loss of Weylandt are down two riders, as Feillu of Leopard Trek and Tylar Farrar both quit the race. Luckily David Millar is still keeping the Geezers in contention.


Onto Stage 7 then, which has already been and gone at the time of writing. Damn You Bolgger!


1 comment: