Monday, May 9, 2011

Stage 3 - RIP Wouter Weylandt

First off, just in case you didn't know. Leopard Trek rider Wouter Weylandt (and former Bile Bean rider) crashed in today's stage and died of his injuries at the side of the road. So you'll forgive me if I don't carry on in my usual carefree way, and cut down on the sarcasm. RIP Wouter.

Angel Vicioso won his first Giro stage, but few are likely to remember. Second out of the winning break was David Millar, who thanks to Garmin-Cervelo's Team Time Trial, will be wearing pink tomorrow.


Stage 2 scores looked like this.


And after today's stage, things are not looking quite so good for the Bile Beans, but I'm not going to get too upset. After all, it's only a game


After today's events, it's still unclear what will happen on Stage 4 tomorrow. I think we can expect some kind of tribute to Weylandt. Whatever happens I doubt it will have any effect on the overall outcome of the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment