Thursday, May 19, 2011

Stage 12 - Cav does it again

As I mentioned before, the Amgen Tour of California, is currently taking place in California, which I believe is one of the United States of America. Wherever California may be, there's definitely a race there at the moment, as it is on my TV box right now.  And who should be commentating, but Phil and Paul.

After becoming accustomed to hearing Dave and Sean at the Giro, I now find Paul Sherwen incredibly irritating, I swear the guy can't go 5 minutes without mentioning "the front end of the main field" - I think I may have to invent some kind of drinking game. Then again there's probably a drinking game to be made of every time Sean Kelly mentions the Eyetalians. There was one highlight of the TOC though, and that was spotting our old friend Mr Cleanbottle.

While our focus is still Stateside, it seems that another resident of this fair country has spilled the beans on Lance Armstrong. I'm sure I'll be tuning in to 60Minutes on Sunday to see what Tyler Hamilton has to say for himself, although I think I can take a fair guess.

Anyway, over at the Giro, Cav won the sprint again.

Petacchi wasn't too far behind though, so the Bile Beans are still behind in the points,. It looks like the Drunk Riders are a coming for those Chanbots, as the gap between the two top teams narrows some more. 


No more sprints for the rest of the Giro. Things are about to get tough, so don't be surprised if Cav and the other sprinters decide to give up, like the quitters they are. Here's what's on the menu for tomorrow - looks like a big plate of Grossglockner.


No comments:

Post a Comment