Tuesday, July 24, 2018

FTDF Stage 16 - Alaphilipe Up, Philipe Down

Winning your second Tour stage in the Mountains Jersey is probably pretty sweet. Julian Alaphilipe looked slightly happy.



Not quite so happy was Simon Adam Yates, who looked to have it in the bag, only to fall off in the last few kms. Also taking a tumble was Phillipe Gilbert, who went over a brick wall in spectacular fashion, I hear he was mostly OK, but won't be starting tomorrow.



Geraint Thomas made it through the stage without falling off, but he didn't make it through the stage without getting pepper-sprayed, or tear-gassed, or Novichoked (I'm not sure which - it's not like I'm a chemist).



Winning the stage scores today were DADoCF as I like to call them.

TeamManagerStage 16
Do Androids Dream of Chris FroomeEric Mortier543
History BoysWarwick Anderson464
The Golden Lions eating a baguetteLisa271
The CharmersCraig E Pance263
Running with the Bulls and an InhalerDelphiakid259
Chanbots UltraEvil Dr Chan236
Bile BeansVestan Pance184
Kloefekappers FCJan Van Belleghem110
SmugblokesMark Philo101
Dudes Riding Using Good StuffDrew Stephenson100
BarmbyWorldClive Jeffery73

With no scoring update from my chief number-cruncher Danny, I had to work out the scores myself. Despite my best efforts at rigging the scores, the History Boys are still winning.

TeamManagerTotal
History BoysWarwick Anderson5726
Running with the Bulls and an InhalerDelphiakid4495
Chanbots UltraEvil Dr Chan4061
Dudes Riding Using Good StuffDrew Stephenson3977
BarmbyWorldClive Jeffery3757
The CharmersCraig E Pance3464
The Golden Lions eating a baguetteLisa3281
Bile BeansVestan Pance3127
Do Androids Dream of Chris FroomeEric Mortier2942
Kloefekappers FCJan Van Belleghem2325
SmugblokesMark Philo2263

Stage 17 is short and sweet. Only 65km and three big climbs. There's also some sort of starting grid thing like you get in a cyclocross race - lets hope no one breaks their chain on the start line, like I did at the Grant Park Cross race.



In Velogames news, you may have received an email from George Chapman about his plans for the future. It kind of sounds like a Fantasy Tour de France is too much of a legal minefield for him, but there's plenty of other races out there - and if you want to help out, why don't you Go Fund Velogames.

1 comment:

  1. I was on the road when this all started, but was heartbroken when I saw the original stoppage of the Velogames TdF site.
    So I thank thank you Mr Pance VERY MUCH for continuing this year's version of the game, as I originally had just lost interest at the TdF (in my anger at their outright greed of what they were doing). The fact that you gave me a reason to overcome that, and enjoy this fantasy (not to mention the normal reasons why we love to watch bike racing) I really am appreciative (all the more since I was over in Spain/France, where coverage is so much more encompassing than in the US).
    So thanks again for your and Danny's work in manually computing ('rigged' or not :-) ) and looking forward to the Velogames site being relaunched soon.

    ReplyDelete