Thursday, September 8, 2011

Vuelta Stage 18 - Beans on Most Again

The good news is that I actually managed to catch a bit of the race today. The bad news is that the big break of the day didn't have a whole lot of my riders in it. J-Rod was there though, and although he only managed 8th on the stage, he seems to be getting over his crash of a few days ago, and has got the points jersey back. Then again, he won it back off my boy Mollema, so you win some, you lose some. The win went to Francesco Gavazzi of Lampre, who made easy work of Kristof Vandewalle in a 2-up sprint.

And behind, the big names seemed happy enough to take a bit of a rest and finished all together, with Cobo still maintaining his 13 second lead over Chris Froome.

In the mini-league, the game of cat and mouse between the Bile Beans and the Roulers continues, with the Beans coming out on top for today. I'm not quite sure if it's because I did better today, or because those scores from stage 12, that I keep moaning about, have now been updated.

Stage 19 sees the race head into the Basque country. Which is different from Spain, don't you know? The locals will get shirty with anyone who suggests they're Spanish, and there could even be a few protests along the route from folks who object to those filthy Spaniards bringing the race on their turf. Local team Euskaltel will be looking to shine today. Maybe Igor Anton can score me some points? I hope so, he cost enough and has underwhelmed so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment