Monday, September 12, 2011

Veulta Stage 21 & Overall - Sagan, Cobo, and Happiness Stan

I bet you thought I didn't bother doing an update yesterday because I didn't win the mini-league. Well nothing could be further from the truth, and now I've accepted my failure, lets get on with business.

Peter Sagan won yet another stage when he took the final sprint in Milan against the remaining fast-men in the race. I've said it before, but Sagan is jolly good, and it looks like he's got some good legs heading into the World Champs.

And of course, Juan Jose Cobo won the overall title. Only 13 seconds ahead of Brit/Kenyan Chris Froome though. In fact, Froome actually rode the race 19 seconds faster than Cobo, but didn't earn as many time bonuses. Then again, if Sky hadn't made such a balls-up of the team time trial, they could have won the race, and maybe bagged second spot with Wiggins too.

I think I should also mention that Bile Bean and Rabobank rider Bauke Mollema had a good race. He got 4th overall and won the points jersey, not to mention taking a nice haul of Velogames points. If he rides the Tour next year, I think he'll be a better pick that that Robert Gesink, who I keep selecting, and who keeps crashing.

As far as the Velogames scores went, I always thought that Happiness Stan would do well with the end of Tour points. And so it proved.

Although I didn't win a single Grand Tour this year, I can't really complain about how the Bile Beans season went, (apart from the Giro that is). And the Fantasy Classics and Tour de Suisse went quite nicely. The Vuelta is traditionally the final event in the Fantasy Cycling callendar, but here's hints on the Velogames site that George may have a few more events planned, so keep your eyes peeled.

If there's Fantasy Cycling going on I'll be blogging. And maybe I'll be blogging if there isn't, as I'm sure you'll be itching to hear my thoughts on things that might be happening. I've also got a cool project going on in the Pance Tech labs, that I might blog about soon.

1 comment:

  1. Chapeau Happiness Stan and Bile Beans. A good fight to the end. :)

    ReplyDelete