Saturday, September 3, 2011

Vuelta Stage 13 - Roulers Roll Into Lead

Oh dear, I'm running behind again. To tell you the truth, I wasn't too interested in stage 13. The real action should be this weekend, and yesterday's stage shouldn't have too much impact in the overall. I also noticed that there were none of my riders in the big break of the day, so I was underwhelmed when Michael Albasini took the win. He did get a sweet looking trophy though.

I also lost the first rider from my squad yesterday. Marcel Kittel didn't start stage 13, I can't really complain though, as he only cost 2 velocredits. So his 266 points make for a good return on the investment. It seems the young German sprinter is too tired to carry on the race, and didn't like the look of the mountains to come - I don't know about these younger sprinters, they've just got no commitment anymore. The more mature Tom Boonen, has plenty of troubles "down below" but you don't see him quitting.
“Because of the friction of the pants with the saddle, I suffer from an injury to the scrotum. The extreme heat and excessive sweating caused a heavy irritation in that area. There is a hole. It is not the first time that I have suffered in this place, but never as bad as now. "
Ouch! I didn't score many points yesterday then, and it looks like the Roulers have overtaken the Bile Beans, as they now sit at top spot in the minileague.

Or do they? I don't want to sound like a bad loser, but I'm pretty sure that Sagan and Degenkolb should have been the biggest scorers back on stage 12. But if we look at the rider scores for the day, it looks like there's some names missing. I'm sure it will all get sorted out in the fullness of time.

Stage 14 looks like this.


No comments:

Post a Comment