Friday, March 27, 2015

Dwars door Vlaanderen - Topsport come out on Top

What's up Pance Fans? Seeing as E3 Harelbeke was today, I guess it means it's time to catch up on the happenings at Dwars door Vlaanderen, which I believe happened around Flanders a couple of days ago. 


If like me, you've been around for a few years, (and judging by the by the state of the Tour de Pance league, you have), then you have probably noticed that Quickstep, or whatever they are called this season, are the team to beat at this time of year. So I think a "chapeau" is in order to the cycling minnows at Topsport Vlaanderen, who managed to work over Quickstep's talented, and I imagine well-paid World Champion, Michal Kwiatkowski to take a 1-2 at Dwars door Vlaanderen. I've always had a soft-spot for Jelle Wallays when I cast my eyes over the Velogames start list, because he has an awesome and pun-worthy name, (please leave any catchy Jelle Wallays puns in the comments, and I'll try to recycle them next year when he's riding for a proper team).


Unfortunately, I like to stick to the ProTour boys for my picks, so Jelle didn't get the call-up for the Bile Beans. In fact, no-one got the call-up for the Bile Beans, as I didn't get my shit together to make any transfers. I did have some guys pencilled in, but seeing as they wouldn't have scored any points, it was probably for the best. My loss  was the Kleofekappers gain.

Stage 2


Hopefully, coming up before Gent - Wevelgem, will be the E3 report. I'm optimistic that I might possibly maybe do it tomorrow. On the one hand, I scored some points, on the other hand, anyone who didn't score points on my team fell off.

No comments:

Post a Comment