Thursday, July 8, 2010

Stage 5 - Cav Comes Good

The Manx Missile was finaly on target today. He may not be in the Bile Beans squad, but I do wish Mark Cavendish all the best and it's good to see him prove the haters wrong.......not that I think he'll get more points than Thor though.

Some more scores are up and it's gratifying to see the Bile Beans climbing up the table. I'm afraid I can't post the scores right now, as I'm restricted by the capabilities of the iPod touch that I have been reduced to blogging with.

Apologies if you feel the blog hasn't been up to its usual mediocre standard the last few days - I've had some Pance-In-Laws visiting  this week and keeping them entertained has eaten into my blogging time. In fact I have yet to watch stages 5 and 6 so I've been relying on the internets to keep me informed. If you'd like to read a blog from someone who's actually paying attention, I suggest you check out BikeSnob's TDF blog over here. I'm back at work tomorrow though, and should be able to keep a closer eye on the action.


Stage 6 is the longest of the Tour at 227.5 km. Not too hilly though, so we should see a sprint come the end. It will be a tough day to be in the early break, they'll be out in front of the race for hours and most likely get caught in the last half hour.


1 comment: