Monday, July 26, 2010

Stage 20 - Cav wins stage, Contador wins Tour

Much to no one's surprise, Mark Cavendish won yet another stage of the Tour in Paris. It wasn't enough to get hold of the green jersey though, which went to Petacchi after a closeley fought battle with Thor Hushovd.

In the overall classification it was a closer run thing than expected, but no one should have been surprised to see Alberto Contador getting the better of Andy Schleck - who did have the consolation prize of being the best young rider. Maybe 2011 will be Andy's year?

Some Frenchman won the mountains jersey and team Radioshat won the team competition in order to save some of Lance Armstrong's pride.

The final Velogames scores have yet to come in, but I think I can safely say, that unless there's a big scoring cock-up from George then the Gherkins will win. So congratulations to Ged for picking a classy team that performed excellently.

I'm still on my travels, so normal blogging service has not resumed yet. Keep an eye on the blog for more stuff when the final scores are in. And remember that the fun starts again in September for the Tour of Spain.

Also for those of you in York, I should be doing a Pancernal appearance on the 30th of July. Most likely involving a trip to the Tap & Spile and a nearby curry house.

1 comment:

  1. You only beat me by one place in this year's fantasy tour Nick! Darn it. Sadly don't think can make Friday as prior bar-b engagement I'll try and crawl out of, let me know what you're doing in case I can.

    ReplyDelete