Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Velogames scores in!! Beans on most!!

It's been a tense few days for me as I've awaited the final Velogames scores. After a brief early lead from Harrisons Pharma, I've been riding high at the top of the league for a while now and feared it couldn't last. I was afraid first place could be lost in the final days, just like when Laurent Fignon lost the Tour back in '89  to Greg Lemond. Instead, it was more like one of those Tours that Lance Armstrong won, when nobody could ever get ahead of him. Anyway, seeing as I won and all, it gives me great pleasure to present you with the final overall scores.

And here's how they break down for the final stages and those all important end of tour points.



Obviously I'd like to thank my team, Evans and Vino earned plenty of points, but they did cost plenty of credits. I think the biggest star of the team was Marco Pinotti, who earned me 756 points, for an investment of only 4 credits. As for my climbers, Rohregger and Pozzovivo, they both let me down badly...... if only I'd gone for Gadret and Arroyo instead.

I hope you all enjoyed playing, half as much as I enjoyed winning. The FTDF is only a month or so away, so there's time to get thinking who you might like to pick, for the big fantasy show-down in July. I've already got a few riders pencilled in for the Bile Beans squad, but will the price be right? And will they get injured/banned before the start of the race? Either way, I'm sure we'll all have fun and with any luck, we might even get a few more teams for the minileague if people can get their shit together and pick a team. Until July, I might make the occasional blog entry, to bring you news of fantasy cycling importance, so make sure to pop back here every once-in-a-while to see what's going on.

3 comments:

  1. Nice one, Nick. I enjoyed the blog during the Giro. I don't get Eurosport so I can only follow it online. I'm sure there should have been more points for picking the overall winner!

    I just had a little 'Tour' action myself at the Tour of Wessex, a 3 day sportive based down in Somerset. Getting back on the bike on days 2 and 3 was the hard part - well apart from Dunkery Beacon halfway into day 3. I was over 8 hours behind the leaders who finished in an overall time of about 16.5 hours - awesome. Never mind - at least I know what the autobus must feel like!

    Cheers, see you all at the FTDF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog Nick. Looking forward to TdF but not the recycling of the Wiggy puns so get your thinking cap on. I'm off to the Pyrenese for the last week, so watch out for some manx flag action on the Tourmalet!

    ReplyDelete