Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Velogames scores expected soon - maybe

This year's Giro was a great race with hardly a dull moment, it was the probably the best two-wheeled spectacle since this.



And the Tour De Pance minileague was also a thrilling spectacle to watch unfold on our screens, with all the excitement a list of numbers can bring. We're still waiting for that final update to reveal who the winner is and I'll let you know as soon as I do.

In the meantime, lets get back to the doping news. It seems that Alejandro Valverde has finally been banned for a couple of years for his Operation Peurto links.... about time too I say. Even though I did think he was a classy and entertaining rider, he was obviously on the juice.

I'm this guilty

Another classy rider is Fabian Cancellera. He's got an uncanny ability to hit good form when he wants to and wipe the floor with the best in the world. He's also always a sure pick for my FTDF team, as he rides a good prologue and knows how to get the points in. He's currently defending himself against some doping allegations of his own, but it's not drugs or bags of blood, (although I wouldn't be surprised). No, it's that mechanical doping story which we all thought was a late April Fools article, but apparently some are taking it seriously as you can see in this video. It's a load of bollocks if you ask me, mind.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry but horseshit is, i think, the most appropriate word. Seriously, the power requirement to make a significant difference to a pro rider's speed is huge. You ain't gonna get that from a battery small enough to fit in your down tube. It's just not going to happen.
    Similarly basing your evidence on which finger he "normally" uses to change gear is about as flimsy as you're going to get.
    Show me the maths!

    ReplyDelete