Sunday, March 24, 2013

E3 Harelbeke - Give him an inch and he'll take a mile

I may only be a Fantasy Cyling team manager, but if I was a real team manager, there is one piece of advice that I would give my boys before they left the bus in the morning, "Don't let Cancellara get away on his own".  Unless I was Cancellara's team manager - whoever that is now that Johan Bruneel has been ditched - in which case I would say "Just get a gap and time trial to the finish Fabian". When Spartacus decides to go, there doesn't seem to anyone able to stop him.  So with about 35km to go, he went. And he pulled out a nice gap by the line.

There was no lack of class in the chase group, and despite a plucky attempt to catch him, they had to settle for fighting it out for second - which went to Peter Sagan ahead of his former team-mate Daniel OSS and Geriant Thomas.


There was a pretty large helping of Bile Beans in the top ten today. A good score for me, but the Kloefekappers did nicely too.

Bile Beans    85
Kloefekappers     71
Enrico 666    71
Rouleurs    71
Evil Chanbots    70
Fulgas    61
Bodged Blaggards  60
Synergy    51
Vicarious victors   43
Caffe Americano   43
Mungo    40

In the overall I'm the Kloefekappers are still out in front, but the Bile Beans are not far, behind.


RankTeamDirecteurScore
1KLOEFEKAPPERSJan Van Belleghem239
2Bile BeansVestan Pance235
3ENRICO 666Erik Mortier215
4Evil ChanbotsDanny Chan200
5Rouleurstdm911190
6synergyAdrian Leggett161
7FulgasVincent Lavallee159
8vicarious victorseddy wu131
9Caffe AmericanoSherwood124
10Mungo CyclingMungo113
11Bodged blaggards!Warwick Anderson82
Next on the menu is Ghent-Wevelgem, which is usually one for the sprinters.  Is it worth swapping in a few fast finishers into the team?  I made a drunken substitution last night, I hope it works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment