Saturday, April 14, 2012

Voeckler Take the Pijls

I think I’ve mentioned before that I’m not really a fan of Thomas Voeckler. Although he’s not a bell-end in the Ricardo Rico or Stefan Schumacher sort of league, I’ve always thought his style of riding was mostly for the cameras and the housewives of France. It also seems he’s not too popular with his colleagues in the peloton either. But all that said, I’ll have to admit he has spunk, and his win at Brabantse Pijl was really quite impressive, as he rode to the finish alone through the hail.


Oscar Friere’s second place was good news for the Roulers. Peter Sagan and Andy Schleck falling off in the rain, was bad news for the Bile Beans though. My boys didn’t score any points at all. Maybe I can take some consolation from the fact that the brother of one of my squad, finished in the top 10. No, I don’t think I can.


In the overall, the Roulers continue their domination, while Mungo Cycling and the Bile Beans fight it out for second


The three races that make up Ardennes week are approaching fast, and they will mark the end of the Fantasy Classics for this spring. Now is the time to use up the rest of those transfers and cross your fingers. On Sunday it will be Amstel Gold, which I think you’ll agree looks a bit lumpy.


This just in... Bad news for Tony Martin, he was hit by a car while out training the other day and smashed up his face pretty good. Bad news for his team too, as they’ve already lost their other main GC rider Levi Leipheimer in similar circumstances.


2 comments:

  1. Except the last round scores are wrong. I had Voeckler and Gilbert and yet seems to have got 0 points - I actually got 34 (check my personal page...). Same for the Roulers - 30 points, not 20.

    Emailed George, but no reply yet.

    so the scores for our top three should be:
    Roulers - 590 (!)
    Mungos - 555
    Beans - 532

    Just hope none of my team fall over yet again - no changes left!

    cheers,
    Mungo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aye, you're right. I thought you should have earned some points from having Tommy V - I guess it was wishful thinking on my part that you weren't beating me. I'll update If George gets the real scores up.

    ReplyDelete