Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Vuelta Stage 17 - Degenkolb Again

There's no stopping John Degenkolb and his stage winning ways, especially when most of the other sprinters have gone home to 'prepare' for the Worlds.


I've long been a fan of the young German, but for some reason I didn't pick him this year. I went with that quitting loser Peter Sagan and that doing OK, but not really getting many points, Michael Matthews.  I have to admit, that the sprinting talent in the Bile Beans this year isn't quite up to the standard of 2011, when I managed to squeeze-in Degenkolb, Sagan and Kittel.  And that wasn't even counting my official sprinter, who was erm.... Chris Sutton.  If only my GC picks hadn't sucked so much, I might have beaten Happiness Stan (anyone remember him? No? Me neither).


Anyhooze, this year, the Chanbots are the team to beat.  They may still be atop the table, but they've lost Quintanna, Uran and now Gesink, so there's still hope for the rest of us - well not me, I'm shit.

TEAM
DIRECTEUR
RANK
SCORE
Evil Dr Chan
1
4374
tdm911
2
3690
drew
3
3522
Erik Mortier
4
3309
Trey
5
3243
Hutch
6
3075
Mungo
7
2984
Vestan Pance
8
2969
Warwick Anderson
9
2868
Richard Pinckney
10
2773
Jan Van Belleghem
11
2762
Mr Smug
12
2186


1 comment:

  1. The big question is, will Degenkolb be happy to stay Kittel's number 2 for much too long?

    ReplyDelete