Tuesday, March 18, 2014

A Touch of Classics

The Spring Classics are nearly upon us! 


I just noticed that Milan-San Remo starts on Sunday, so I thought I'd head on over to Velogames to see what was up.  Well, it looks like George has done some work over the winter and the site now looks all smart and is open for entries.  



Which I guess means that I'd better get my shit together for another season of Tour De Pancing.  Rest assured though, I will not be tarting-up the blog in any way.  It'll just be the same-old format of second-hand race reports, weak puns and taking the piss out of Drew.  Anyway, here's what you probably came here for, the code for the Spring Classics Minileague:


League Owner: Vestan Pance
League Name: Tour De Pance
League Code: 18161117


So go pick some riders and get stuck in.  Boonen and Cancellara always do well in the spring races, but Sagan keeps getting stronger and is looking to win a big one this year.  We should expect some fireworks from the "Big 3", but there's still plenty of other guys who can shake things up and some canny picks will earn you plenty of points.



I recommend you read the rules for the Classics, as the format is a bit different to the Grand Tours.  The best advice I can give you is to use those transfers wisely.  Every year some bell-end is off to a great start, only to piss away all their transfers and find that they only have 3 guys riding in the last few races.  Or alternatively, someone is doing nicely, then realises that my blog is crap and loses interest.  They fail to use all their transfers and piss away a good chance of the win.

4 comments:

  1. I think I have a picture of you doing a similar face plant to that somewhere

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I can safely confirm there is no friggin' way I will remember to keep on top of this. Plus there are 850 riders in the list, who the sam hell are most of them anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this Nick, helps ease the pain. Keep it up...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's a little Friday afternoon thing I knocked up that might help.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnpGefY8ZFAgdE5pODJRV29zdzdTdlVoSGVrRGFwTVE&usp=sharing

    ReplyDelete