Friday, March 2, 2012

Cross Over - Nice time on the way

The Velogames Cross season is now well and truly over. And the Bile Beans performance was less than stellar, but not the worst out there either. In fact the Bile Beans Cross season went much like my own, which I wrapped up last weekend at Southern Cross. So although I wasn't raking in the wins like Kevin Pauwels, I did, at least for the most part, have fun.

Although, due to the typically short nature of a Cross race, it's had to get enough beer handups to keep up with the hardcore spectators.

Anyway, we all know that Cross is mostly a distraction for the winter, before the serious business of the road season starts again in the spring. The pros have already been in action in places like Oman and Qatar, but there's something about the podium presentations over there that make me long for the circus to get back to Europe. Compare this.

To this.

And I think you can see why I'm looking forward to the Giro. So the road season is here, and that means it's time for Fantasy Cycling. It looks like George has spent the off-season applying a lick of paint to the Velogames site, and I'm sure you'll agree it looks very nice. First up is Paris-Nice, with Tirreno-Adriatico and the Classics to follow soon. As usual, I've wasted no time in picking a Bile Beans squad, and opening a minileague.

League Name: Tour De Pance

League Code: 02152107


In other news, I've got myself a new job. So I'll be swapping one of these.

For one of these.

So, my bikeshop days are now over. Which sadly, means I'll  no longer be able to bring you news of the latest technical innovations in cycling. Such as the Aeroguard.

The Wordlock.

And the lesbian/dog-Police-chase-fantasy-wheel-guard, or whatever the fuck this is....

Anyhooze, you better get a team picked for Paris-Nice, as it starts on Sunday with a 9.6km uphill time trial.


No comments:

Post a Comment