Tuesday, April 26, 2011

LBL - Pip Pounces, Pance Proud

Philipe Gilbert has seemed unstoppable recently, and at Liège-Bastogne-Liège, the Schleck brothers certainly weren't the men to stop him. Frank and Andy may have had the numbers, but they didn't have to legs to work over Gilbert, and seemed to be resigned giving the Belgian a tow to the line. Gilbert has a mean sprint; while the Schlecks can't sprint for toffee - in fact I think I may be able to take them in a gallop myself - so it was no surprise to see Gilbert first over the line yet again.


For those Fantasy teams, it was another good day for the Gilbert pickers then. And another bad day for the Panterloons - I have to wonder if Warwick lost interest and didn't make any transfers for the final races.


For the overall the Bile Beans consolidated their position at the top and beat Evil Dr. Chan once again.  Love Velo finished in third spot - I notice they are in some other mini-leagues, and due to the compact size of the Tour De Pance League, it's their best result. Finally, back in forth spot are the Panterloons, who unfortunately never really got going. Their manager has won the Fantasy Tour De France before though, so maybe they are just riding themselves into form for later in the year.


I'm now so pleased with myself after winning the Spring Classics series, that I've decided to award myself the World Champions jersey using the "Change Team Jersey" button that has appeared on Velogames.

It's just as well I did, as it seems that being a resident of the USA, the default jersey was Radioshack (or Radioshat, as I like to call them). I'm hoping I won't be afflicted with the "Curse of the Rainbow Jersey" as a result - for there's still plenty of Fantasy racing to be done this year. In fact the 2011 Giro D'Italia will be starting on 7th May, with a 19.3km team time trial from Venaria Reale to Torino. 




Rest assured there will be a Tour De Pance mini-league and the fewer teams there are, the greater my chances of another victory. I'll also do my best to provide daily blog updates of mediocre quality, especially if the Bile Beans are doing well. More Giro news next week, when start lists are finalized, Velogames entries are open and Cyclingnews do their race preview thingy.

2 comments:

  1. My first draft of a Giro team is in: Rider Team Cost
    Alberto CONTADOR SBS 26
    Roman KREUZIGER AST 14
    Daniel MORENO KAT 8
    Emanuele SELLA AND 14
    Alessandro PETACCHI LAM 16
    Alex RASMUSSEN THR 2
    Cristiano SALERNO LIQ 2
    Francesco MASCIARELLI AST 4
    Joaquin RODRIGUEZ KAT 14
    TOTAL 100
    Now we wait and see who drops out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The following evil chanbots will take part in the evil giro...

    Alberto CONTADOR,SBS ,113104

    Vincenzo NIBALI,LIQ ,108118

    David ARROYO,MOV ,109102

    John GADRET,ALM ,101109

    Alessandro PETACCHI,LAM ,107121

    Alessandro DONATI,ASA ,119107

    Cayetano SARMIENTO,ASA ,119115

    Andrey AMADOR,MOV ,109101

    Roman KREUZIGER,AST ,102117

    ReplyDelete